1. Q: How do I setup an account to become a customer?
A: Select My Account and register your store to start shopping. Your account will not be activated until we have your Sales Tax I.D. Please fax or email your Sales Tax I.D. & Tobacco ID (if applicable). If the proper documentation is not received within the proper time frame your order will be cancelled.
2. Q: Can we pay for our orders online?
A: No, we do not process any payments through our website. Payments are COD for deliveries and we accept cash, check, money order and credit card in stores.
3. Why can’t I see the prices on the General Goods website?
A: Only registered customers who have been signed up and approved can see the prices.
4. Q: How do I introduce new products to General Goods?
A: Email email@example.com and send out samples to 8000 Harwin Dr. Ste 200 Houston, TX 77036. Attention: Hafsa Malik. Once we’ve reviewed your product we will contact you.
5. Q:How do I apply for Net Terms?
A: Please contact the management team at General Goods for further assistance.
6. Q: What Credit Cards does General Goods accept?
A: MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
7. Q: How long will it take to receive my delivery order?
A: Processing your order for delivery normally takes 12- 24 hours depending on the size of your order and the position in queue. After processing your order it will be delivered based on the truck routes assigned by our Delivery Manager.
8. Q: What payment options are available?
A: Credit Card, COD Cashiers Check/Money Order, COD Company Check, Wire Transfer, and Net Terms. (You must apply for Company Check and Net Terms)
9. Q: What is the return policy?
A: Damaged merchandise may be returned within 30 days of purchase with proof of invoice for an equal credit exchange. No restocking fee will be charged within the 30 day period. For items reported later than 30 days a 20% restocking fee will apply on returns that value more than $100. For issues with delivery please return the incorrect items to our driver with a slip of return completed. If items are missing in your order please notify the driver immediately and contact the store as needed.
10. Q: Does General Goods require a minimum order for deliveries?
A: Yes, the minimum order is $500.
11. Q: What is your policy for backorders?
A: While we do our best to ensure that we have sufficient stock on all of our items, on rare occasions we may run out of stock. If we do run out of stock on a particular item you’ve ordered, we will not send out your back orders instead we will notify you via e-mail or call you regarding which items are back ordered that are now back in-stock.
12. Q: How do I sign up for weekly deals emails?
A: At the bottom of the home page of the website there is Sign Up to the Newsletter subscribe button.
13. Q: Does General Goods sell to the public?
A: No, General Goods does not sell to the public, your Company Sales Tax ID is required.
14. Q: Do you offer free shipping?
A: Yes, for your first online order that is over $200.
15. Q: What are your ordering hours?
A: Online order is 24/7 but it will not get processed until normal business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 6:00pm CST.